Prof. Andrei Okounkov (Princeton)
The general outline of the problem and the argument was given in the first talk.
In the remaining talks Professor Okounkov will discuss the following topics:
- the classical Kasteleyn theory of dimers and how it applies to stepped surfaces
- why discrete holomorphic functions in polygonal domains satisfy additional difference equations
- how does the additional equation depends on the domain, this is really the theory of noncommutative shifts on the Jacobian, or discrete Painleve equations
- how to take the continuous limit in part (3)
- what does this has to do with things like mirror symmetry and other advanced topics for the next year's program